Picture of Hi there, I was wondering how one would go about becoming an intelligence officer and helping with strategy/media

Hi there, I was wondering how one would go about becoming an intelligence officer and helping with strategy/media

Picture of Paul
1 response

Karnpreet B. asked a question to Communications, Intelligence and IT

Category: Interview Tips

Date asked: Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Last reviewed: Friday, February 21, 2020

Picture of Paul

Paul

Intelligence Officer

Hi Karnpreet. To become an Intelligence Corps Officer, you must first attend the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst. Once there, you will have the opportunity to apply for Intelligence duties. To become an Intelligence Analyst, you must first apply to join the Army as a Soldier. If you do well enough at your Selection Centre and meet our other requirements, you will be able to book onto our own Assessment Visit. If you pass that, you'll earn a place in the Intelligence Corps and begin your Basic Training knowing that you'll post on to Intelligence Trade Training. As to strategy - much of what we do informs planning. Some of this is strategic, all the way down to tactical actions. On media - we don't have any communications roles but as you would expect are heavily involved in information operations. I hope that answers your question?

Friday, February 21, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?