Picture of How competitive does it tend to be to become an Intelligence Officer?

How competitive does it tend to be to become an Intelligence Officer?

Picture of Paul
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Communications, Intelligence and IT

Category: Eligibility

Date asked: Monday, April 13, 2020

Last reviewed: Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Picture of Paul

Paul

Intelligence Officer

Hi, great question! So the Intelligence Corps are currently one of the most popular and therefore competitive Regiments for Officer Recruitment. We typically recruit around 24 Officers a year, spread equally across the three intakes. Our process is really transparent. If you want to join us, you apply once you get to Sandhurst and visit us on a Selection Visit. If you pass that, you'll be given a place at Regimental Selection Board (RSB). Pass that, and you're in. Up until RSB we only 'cut' based on that Selection Visit - so we don't make decisions at that stage based on your Sandhurst performance; if you've visited us before; if you have any family connections; if you were a regular soldier or reservist prior, etc. Typically the pass rate is around 50% at Selection and 50% at RSB. That will vary term on term - we are limited in how many RSB spots we can offer so the higher the attendance on our Selection, typically the lower the pass rate will be. There are loads of ways you can make sure you're competitive. You can contact your Candidate Support Manager to arrange a visit to us once you've passed AOSB Main Board. Once at Sandhurst, you will have ample opportunities to meet INT CORPS personnel. And in the meantime follow us on Social Media where we regularly host webinars on topics like 'how can I prepare for Selection?' and 'what is life like in the Intelligence Corps?'. I hope that helps. Please fire any more questions back and I can answer them for you. Paul

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?