Picture of How difficult is it for a paratrooper to become a intelligence operator?

How difficult is it for a paratrooper to become a intelligence operator?

Picture of Paul
1 response

Additional information

My question concerns the mobility inside the army, and more particularly, how easy is it to switch job in the first few years if I think I would be more useful in another role?

Elyas Q. asked a question to Communications, Intelligence and IT

Category: About us

Date asked: Monday, January 6, 2020

Last reviewed: Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Picture of Paul

Paul

Intelligence Officer

Hi Elyas. As a soldier in the Parachute Regiment, you may have the opportunity to serve within one of the Battalion Intelligence Cells. There is also recent precedent for Parachute Regiment soldiers successfully transferring into the Intelligence Corps and going on to really interesting and rewarding first roles. What I would say is that a transfer would be entirely dependent on the willingness of your Regiment, your aptitude and attitude, and you then passing an Intelligence Corps transferee board. It certainly wouldn't be guaranteed. If your interest really lies in intelligence, we do have an Intelligence Company permanently based in Colchester who provide intimate support to 16 Air Assault Brigade. Many are jumps qualified and deploy across the world attached to either one of the Battalions or the Brigade HQ. I hope that answers your question?

Wednesday, January 8, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?