Picture of Is it difficult to become an armourer and how high can you climb in the ranks as one?

Is it difficult to become an armourer and how high can you climb in the ranks as one?

1 response

Additional information

My High School did not give science so i do not have that but i can learn and i would like to know how long it would take for someone to go from a private to an officer if not general.

Anonymous asked a question to Logistics

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Sunday, September 6, 2020

Last reviewed: Sunday, September 13, 2020

Katrin W.

RLC Nurture Team NCO

Hi, With any trade and Corps your promotion will depend on the requirements you need per rank, also your yearly report and recommendation for promotion. If you are starting from a soldier (Private) it can take around 2 years to reach LCpl, on average it can be around 16-20 years to reach WO1 and from there you can commission to Officer as a late entry Officer. Also you do not have to wait to Commission you can be a direct entry to Officer through Sandhurst or if you join as a soldier you can be recommended for officer and apply for commission once your in without waiting to reach the heights of WO2 and WO1 to apply as an Officer. I hope this helps. Cpl Powell

Sunday, September 13, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?