Picture of Can I do intelligence/communications without becoming a soldier. Is it easy to progress from soldier to intelligence?

Can I do intelligence/communications without becoming a soldier. Is it easy to progress from soldier to intelligence?

Picture of Paul
1 response

Additional information

I’m 18 and currently have no A level qualifications. I love the aspect of intelligence/communications but not the aspect of becoming a soldier etc. Could you help with this and give me some more insight? Thanks so much for reading this

Anonymous asked a question to Communications, Intelligence and IT

Category: Eligibility

Date asked: Thursday, March 19, 2020

Last reviewed: Friday, March 20, 2020

Picture of Paul

Paul

Intelligence Officer

Hi there. So fundamentally, all of our analysts are soldiers first. That means that they all pass basic training and must be prepared to operate in the field and fight if required. That said, we offer a wide variety of roles. Some are very much green-skills and Army focused; others are more technical or involve working at reach - potentially in a London office in a suit. We offer no guarantees coming in about what type of role you may be posted in - it's a combination of your ability and the roles available, but ultimately the Army retains the right to post you where we need analysts. If the idea of being a soldier really doesn't interest you, then I would strongly advise you NOT to join the Intelligence Corps. All three Intelligence Services are recruiting, although you may struggle to meet their entry requirements. There are intelligence roles within the civil service and police, as well as the private sector, that you may qualify for. I hope that answers your question?

Friday, March 20, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?