Picture of As a new recruite for the army in the chef area will my training be a real army personel and how did u handle it.

As a new recruite for the army in the chef area will my training be a real army personel and how did u handle it.

Picture of Katie
1 response

Sylvia Q. asked a question to Combat

Category: How to apply

Date asked: Thursday, March 12, 2020

Last reviewed: Thursday, March 12, 2020

Picture of Katie

Katie

Staff Officer - Projects for People

Hi Sylvia, Thanks for your question. In the Army everyone trains as a soldier first and as their speciality second. This means that you will conduct phase one training with all different specialities, where you will all complete generic military training like fieldcraft, map reading, weapon handling, shooting and fitness. Only once you have completed this first phase will you go off and complete your training to become a chef. It is a great trade and provides a very valuable service within the Army. Training itself is designed to test you and see you push your limits and realise what you are capable of. I thoroughly enjoyed my training and made some lifelong friends during it. I hope this answers your question but please come to me if you have any other questions. Katie

Thursday, March 12, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?