Picture of Do you think someone who dosent think highly of them self would do well in a combat based role?

Do you think someone who dosent think highly of them self would do well in a combat based role?

Best discussions & stories
Picture of Adam
3 responses

Anonymous asked a question to Combat

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Thursday, March 12, 2020

Last reviewed: Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Picture of Adam G.

Adam G.

Regimental Support Team

Training for either combat or non-combat is designed to bring someone with absolutely no experience to being a fully qualified and competent soldier. It doesn't matter what your thoughts are just now the Army and its instructors will invest a lot into you to get you where you need to be. Hope this helps. Kind regards Adam

Friday, March 13, 2020

James A.

Reconnaissance Platoon soldier

to add to what Adam has said above. I was never a confident person until I joined the army and felt part of a team. On a day to day basis, In all jobs within the army you will be developed without even realising. You will be put in situations that you will test you as a person and put you out of your comfort zone, this will become normal and you will adapt. Not only public speaking but the skills you have learned in order to pass the Infantry training centre. The army’s motto ‘ We are belonging’ means exactly that. You will find a place where you will feel comfortable and around like minded people! Hope this adds to Adams response. If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to ask J

Monday, March 16, 2020

Picture of Aidan H.

Aidan H.

Sabre Troop Sgt, Regimental Gunnery Instructor

As others have said, I was a very self conscious and had very little confidence before I joined the army. For the first few years, this was the same except for work based stuff that I was happy with. As I've progressed, my confidence has grown. I'm never going to be one of those people shouting look at me, and there are times as part of a group that I'm a bit reserved. But for the most part, my military service and what I have done has really improved both my confidence and how outgoing I am.

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?