Picture of Hello, i would like to know what regiments are based in Staffordshire as id like to based locally to home.

Hello, i would like to know what regiments are based in Staffordshire as id like to based locally to home.

Picture of Katie
2 responses

Anonymous asked a question to Combat

Category: Open positions

Date asked: Sunday, May 3, 2020

Last reviewed: Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Picture of Katie

Katie

Staff Officer - Projects for People

Hi there, Thanks for your question. The insiders on here are all serving soldiers and officers so are really more able to answer questions about experiences within the Army. We aren’t recruiters so don’t know where all the Army units are based I’m afraid. What I can tell you, is that with almost 100 Regiments and Corps in the British Army you’re certain to find one near where you want to be located. I am aware the Royal Signals have a number of bases in the West Midlands, and there are Infantry, RAMC and RLC units in the neighbouring counties. It’s probably best to start up an application and then when the recruiters give you a call they can see if there is a unit that is located in a place that suits. My advice though, would be to think about what role or trade you want too, don’t just be driven by location. Although I appreciate being close to home is an important factor for you, if you find a trade that you are interested in, and are passionate about you’ll enjoy your work far more and are far more likely to succeed at it. I hope this helps a little and good luck with your application. Katie

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Edward M.

Thankyou much appreciated!

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?