Picture of How does it works when it comes to being assigned to a regiment? Does where you live come in to play?

How does it works when it comes to being assigned to a regiment? Does where you live come in to play?

Picture of Tori
3 responses

Additional information

I’m looking to join as a nursing officer, and wanted some advise on how this works?

Faye T. asked a question to Medical

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Monday, April 5, 2021

Last reviewed: Friday, April 9, 2021

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hi Faye, You can express a preference for which job you would like each time you are posted. Therefore if you put jobs near where you live at the top of the list then you are more likely to end up nearer home. However it is important to remember that it will not always be possible to get the job you want, and you should be prepared to live and work away from home.

Friday, April 9, 2021

Faye T.

Hi Tori, Thank you for your reply. I completely understand what your saying and will be willing to do whatever is required of me, whether that be working close to home or away. By any chance do you know if I join whilst still studying nursing (I’m not at Birmingham) do I complete the army training once I register as a nurse or whilst I’m still studying.

Friday, April 9, 2021

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

You would finish studying before completing any Army training, whether you plan to join as an officer (with or without a bursary) or a soldier.

Friday, April 9, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?