Picture of When you do the phase 1 and 2 training for infantry is that when you choose what regiment you want to go in?

When you do the phase 1 and 2 training for infantry is that when you choose what regiment you want to go in?

1 response

Additional information

I’m thinking about joining Mercian regiment or rifle regiment but don’t know which one

Anonymous asked a question to Infantry

Date asked: Sunday, July 4, 2021

Last reviewed: Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Daniel E.

Assistant Intelligence Officer

Hello and thank you for your question. You can start training for the Infantry without knowing which Regiment you would like to join. While you are in training, you will get to learn more about the Infantry Regiment that are out there and what each role they are undertaking at the moment. I would look at two areas that could be important to you. The first would be if you would like to stay local to where you live. If so, start looking at Regiments in your local area. The second would be role. If you want to do a specific job, look to the Regiment that are currently doing that role or they are about to undertake that role. I hope this helps answer your question and if you have any more, please ask. -Danny

Wednesday, September 1, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?