Picture of Do you get to choose your medical regiment preference, ie 16 Medical Regiment?

Do you get to choose your medical regiment preference, ie 16 Medical Regiment?

Picture of Tori
3 responses

Anonymous asked a question to Medical

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Saturday, May 30, 2020

Last reviewed: Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hello, You will be able to express a preference for where you would like to be posted. If a regiment is competitive, the board will select the most appropriate candidates. You will post every 2-3 years and therefore will have multiple opportunities to apply. If you really want to go to 16 it is worth discussing this with your careers manager when you join, they may be able to advise on how to increase your chances. Best of luck.

Sunday, May 31, 2020

Anonymous

Thank you! Could I also ask, is their many female doctors in the army as a whole or is it male dominated, and equally is there many female doctors in 16Medical Regiment ?

Sunday, May 31, 2020

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hello, Sorry, I assumed you were asking about CMT roles at 16 med reg, my mistake! For doctors, it's not too dissimilar, as a GDMO you are allocated to a single medical regiment for the whole time you are a GDMO, it's usually done based on where you put down as your location preference so that your medical regiment is close (ish) to your medical centre that you work in. While you are involved with the medical regiment occasionally, and may go on exercise with them, you will predominantly work at a military medical centre and when you go on exercise/deploy it is usually as an individual augmentee for whoever needs a GDMO. There are lots of female doctors in the army. The number of female GDMOs at 16 med reg will change each year, but you are not less likely to work there because you are female, you have the same opportunities as your colleagues. Your ability to work with 16 med reg after GDMO time will depend on what you choose to do for specialty training.

Tuesday, June 2, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?