Picture of ARMY LIFE – if you want to know more about Army Life in general, ask it here

ARMY LIFE – if you want to know more about Army Life in general, ask it here

29 responses

Fi W. asked during the live chat Discover different roles in the Army to British Army

Category: About us

Date asked: Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Last reviewed: Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Lottie D.

Hi hope you're well, i am currently looking into the army reserves as an army medic, however i have previously applied as a full time but because i have had cortisone injections in my knee i got rejected instantly, would that be the same as a reserve?

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Daniel X.

What's life like in Harrogate army foundation college

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Kevin X.

Nurture Team JNCO

I went there as a 16-year-old kid probably the best thing to happen to me some of the worlds greatest training at that age will change you as a person for the better

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Kevin X.

Nurture Team JNCO

Be prepared for some hard times testing you physically and mentally but in the end it will all be worth it I recommend you buy your own iron and ironing board so you don’t have to share with your section

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Daniel X.

I'm Irish and not very keen on school would you recommend it over just pushing through the leaving cert (equivalent of a levels)?

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Keira K.

How difficult/strict is it at AFC Harrogate

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Duncan V.

RLC CHEF

Daniel I would recommend finishing school first as the qualifications you gain at school will help you through your career

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Daniel X.

Ok thanks

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Kim Z.

Once you have completed phase 1 training, if you are married, do you have live on barracks or can you rent a house off the barracks to live in? And, would my foreign spouse be allowed to live with me in married quarters if she has the correct visa etc?

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Toby D.

Can I serve as an army reservist and study at a university at the same time?

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Georgina Z.

Marketing Manager

Once you have completed all your training you can rent a military house, stay in your own private rented house or owned home and live in a flat in barracks during the week. There are lots of options.

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Georgina Z.

Marketing Manager

Foreign spouses with the correct visas would be able to come and live with you in UK subject to the conditions of their government and UK government. You would have to check on the specifics with the FCO.

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?