Picture of CHEFS – find out about life as a Chef in the Army

CHEFS – find out about life as a Chef in the Army

6 responses

Fi W. asked during the live chat Discover different roles in the Army to British Army

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Last reviewed: Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Keisha P.

I have been doing some research and have found out that to be a chef in the army you have to do an 18 week course, does this still apply if i have already done a three year catering course in college/

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Duncan V.

RLC CHEF

You will still attended the course at the Defence Food Services Wing in Winchester but could be fast tracked through ceartin elements, but you have to remember ceartin elements of the course will have specific Army applications such as Field catering and certain types of paperwork that you must complete

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Keisha P.

Ok thank you, in your opinion do you think it would be best to finish the college course or train in Winchester?

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Georgina Z.

Marketing Manager

Only you can really decide on that, Winchester college is excellent and it will only help your military career. I would advise applying and continuing at college whilst you await your application process.

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Duncan V.

RLC CHEF

To be honest there would be no harm in doing both, it’s just going to give you a leg up when you get too your unit and could lead to you promoting quicker than those around you due to your previous experience

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Keisha P.

Ok great! thanks for the help

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?