Picture of Theres a lot of information online it can be overwhelming, What is the clear steps to becoming a fully trained soldier?

Theres a lot of information online it can be overwhelming, What is the clear steps to becoming a fully trained soldier?

7 responses

Additional information

I am aware that we are soldier first then trade. I am interested in a trade but im aware we must first complete fitness/solider training. So what are the stages before we move onto the trade?

Melkon Q. asked during the live chat Discover different roles in the Army to British Army

Category: General

Date asked: Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Last reviewed: Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Zoe O.

Corporal, Adjutant General's Corps, Staff and Personnel Support AGC(SPS).

What are you interested in joining?

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Melkon Q.

ROYAL ENGINEERS

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Zoe O.

Corporal, Adjutant General's Corps, Staff and Personnel Support AGC(SPS).

For Royal Engineers, you will undergo basic training that all none infantry soldiers do, then you will move onto Trade training which is where you will learn your specific engineering trade. On completion of Trade training, you are then a fully trained soldier and will move to your unit.

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Melkon Q.

I see only basic training takes 14 weeks correct?, if im a reserve is that for reserves or is that for regular and what if i need longer than 14 weeks? and where would I do basic training?

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Melkon Q.

Im entering as a reserve

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Picture of Ash P.

Ash P.

National Marketing Executive

As a Reservist, you do your training in the evenings and at weekends and you get paid for the time you spend training. You'll need to do your basic training - but this can be arranged to fit in around your day job. You don't have to do all the training at once. It can be completed in shorter modules or in one go. Further training also takes place in your spare time. It can take weeks or months depending on your role, course and how much time you can give. Your unit will be happy to support you during your training.

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Melkon Q.

Okay thanks sounds like I need to speak with my local unit

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?