Picture of Is family life drastically impacted once in?

Is family life drastically impacted once in?

4 responses

Additional information

Hello, I've been wanting to join the Army for some years now, and finally feel ready to take the next steps. I have a 2 year old, but very supportive family and friends. Given we get sent on deployments, which my family and I are fully prepared for. I just wanted to know will it be drastically difficult and disturbing for us being as my son is still young? Should I wait a few more years? Does the Army have anything in place to support families. Any people with children that can help..

Cherise N. asked during the live chat Discover different roles in the Army to British Army

Category: About us

Date asked: Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Last reviewed: Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Eden J.

Senior HR, Staff and Personnel Support

Hi Cherise, the Army are there to support all soldiers and their families at home and whilst deployed overseas. There are unit welfare officers assigned to every unit who are engaging with families while you are deployed.

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Susan N.

Careers Advisor

My son was 9 years old when i first deployed for 6 months but i had a good chain of command and family which they fully supportive about deploying. i had attending short cousres and training prior to that many times. You can manage as long as your prepared to make changes you can do anything. My son is now 19 and we have great relationship, very strong minded and independant.

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Cherise N.

Thank you for the replies, this is something I've wanted for sooo long so I'm willing to do what it takes, glad to know you are still well supported once in. That's great to know. If accepted would I be sent to a base that has nearby facilities? Like nurseries or schools? Is this something I will have to make preparations for and look into myself once knowing my unit/base?

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Picture of Ash P.

Ash P.

National Marketing Executive

Hi Cherise, each Army base has nearly schools and nurseries, in the Army you will be given information about you next posting location in advance so you can contact schools and research the location

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?