Picture of If I’m really set on one role and I am eligible to apply for it what are the chances that I will get a position in that?

If I’m really set on one role and I am eligible to apply for it what are the chances that I will get a position in that?

Picture of Fi
4 responses

Additional information

For example I am interested in dog handling but have heard that it is hard to get into? Thanks

Harvey X. asked during the live chat Discover different roles in the Army to British Army

Category: Eligibility

Date asked: Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Last reviewed: Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Picture of Fi W.

Fi W.

Content and Digital Guru

Hi, if you tell your recruiter that is what you're interested in, they'll help you to work towards that. Some roles, may mean that you wait less time to start than others - as they will have set training dates, and if it's a popular role, may have filled quickly. Ultimately, this is probably one for your recruiter, but we do try to match people to the best fit for them.

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Harvey X.

Thanks for response, if it’s a popular role would it be a case of applying then just waiting for spaces?

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Picture of Fi W.

Fi W.

Content and Digital Guru

I'd recommend getting in touch with your local office and chatting them through what you hope to join. They will have more info about what the time lines and availability of each role. You can get in touch with them here https://apply.army.mod.uk/army-career-centre-finder

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Harvey X.

Okay thanks for your help

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?