Picture of Life as a guardsman?

Life as a guardsman?

17 responses

Justin R. asked during the live chat Discover different roles in the Army to British Army

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Last reviewed: Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Chris R.

Lcpl

Hi justin im a guardsman what would you like to know

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Justin R.

Hi Chris! I am interested in joining the the Guards but want to go on deployments, I was thinking of Coldstream Guards, do they get deployed alot? Thanks!

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Chris R.

Lcpl

Justin it depend on the army needs but the guards as a whole get plenty of opportunity to deploy around the world on peace keeping and war fighting tasks

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Justin R.

Awesome! Also I know recently the Army has opened up to Commonwealth Applicants, deos the Guards accept them?

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Chris R.

Lcpl

Yes mate there is no discrimination in the army as a whole anyway but you will be welcomed into your regimnet with opened arms

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Justin R.

Great because I am a Canadian currently serving in a Canadian Infantry Regiment, when I applu would I have to retake all traning or ?

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Chris R.

Lcpl

You might have to do some sort of training to get you up to speed on our weapon systems and stuff like that can i ask why you would like to join the Coldstream Guards?

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Justin R.

I see and I watched Trooping of the Colour last year and was amazed and after further research I became extremely interested in the Guards, I have talked to a man in the Coldstream Guard and learning where they are statioed and their deployment opportunities made me think of them to join.

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Chris R.

Lcpl

Ah ok cool I'm in the Irish guards at the minute would yuo consider any guards regiment or is it Coldsteam guards all the way ha ha

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Justin R.

Of course! I am keeping my options open but would love to serve in the Guards, I was just looking more towards Coldstream or Grens because I feel I would find it a little harder to understand someone shouting/yelling commands with a Scottish, Irish or Welsh accent. But I havent done much research on the other Guards.

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Chris R.

Lcpl

Do u currently hold a rank in the canadian army

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Justin R.

Yes Private

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?