Picture of My run time was 10:57 I am a common wealth I was told no rlc roles available for me why I'm I not treated fairly

My run time was 10:57 I am a common wealth I was told no rlc roles available for me why I'm I not treated fairly

Picture of Ash
6 responses

Madia Z. asked during the live chat Who are the Royal Logistic Corps? to British Army

Category: Open positions

Date asked: Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Last reviewed: Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Picture of Ash P.

Ash P.

National Marketing Executive

Hi Madia, we have a list of roles available to Commonwealth citizens, this does include RLC roles. After Assessment Centre your Candidate Support Manager will contact you with the list of roles you are recommended for. It may be that the roles are filled for the next few intakes and that is why there are no immediate RLC spaces.

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Madia Z.

Artillery is what they bascially offered so they said I have to go back knock off 12 seconds by doing a beep test which I think is pretty unfair dur to the fact that im here almost a whole year and I can do and dont reach the level which for artillery and I really don't want to do that also when i went to the assesment my run time was better than others and they were so HAPPY and I was there sad because I can't get in and they did

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Picture of Ash P.

Ash P.

The run has been changed to the bleep test so participants can continue with their application and socially distance. The RLC have set physical standards so your fitness can be progressed at training. Assessment Centres test for all roles, so some applicants may have a slower run time but this may still be within the requirement for their chosen job role.

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Madia Z.

I was told no rlc space would be available for the next 5 years is that true?

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Picture of Ash P.

Ash P.

The Army recruits year round for many roles - RLC included, I would advise you to contact your support manager who can check your application and assessment results and advise you from there. They also have the list of all roles available for commonwealth candidates and intake dates.

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Picture of Ash P.

Ash P.

You can message you support manager from your application portal, or you can call 0345 600 8080.

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?