Picture of How varied is a role within the Postal/Courier section?

How varied is a role within the Postal/Courier section?

Picture of Semisi
10 responses

Luke Z. asked during the live chat Who are the Royal Logistic Corps? to British Army

Category: Team Info

Date asked: Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Last reviewed: Thursday, February 4, 2021

Picture of Semisi R.

Semisi R.

Postal and Courier Operator

As Postal Courier Operator, you will learn different types of role like for eg Example. Mail Guarding, sortation of mail, Dealing with Classified Information and its documentation and Customer service as a counter clerk etc. As you go up the rank you will be able to run a Post Office yourself with few others. Travel opportunities are great, we deploy everywhere and anywhere in the world can be from 3-6 months.

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Luke Z.

Sounds fantastic. Could you tell me where you have been deployed too yourself? And for how long have you served?

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Picture of Semisi R.

Semisi R.

I have been to The Falkland Islands and Cyprus both 6 monthly deployments. I have been a Postal and Courier Operator for 3 years now.

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Luke Z.

What kind of things will be taught during phase 2 training, in the Postal/Courier section?

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Picture of Semisi R.

Semisi R.

You will do 4 weeks of trade training in Worthy Down, Here you will do your Postal & Courier class 3, You will learn all the basics from different types of mails eg(Special delivery,signed for etc), working on the sorting floor, Priority Service Locker, Learn all your Routine tasks as a Postal Courier Operator. also learn on dealing with Classified material like ( Diplomatic Mail) and its documentations and policies.

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Luke Z.

Okay, great. What are some of the most exciting parts of the role? Equally, what are some of the not so much fun parts?

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Picture of Semisi R.

Semisi R.

Exciting part for me is when you are on deployment , distributing mail to soldiers, putting smiles on there faces, giving them morale. and meeting new people while you on the front counter.

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Picture of Semisi R.

Semisi R.

So far im enjoying the trade.

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Anonymous

What is promotion time like as RLC postal courier?

Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Picture of Semisi R.

Semisi R.

I would say promotion in this trade is really competitive, there is a lot of opportunities out there in the trade to do to prove yourself to your chain of command that you are worthy of the rank above you. This could be by volunteering yourself on operational tours, organising charity events, even representing your regiment in sports etc. Its all about proving yourself that you can take the task and lead and you shine above your peers,you will have no problem in getting promoted.

Thursday, February 4, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?