Picture of During which stage of training did you know which career path was right for you or did you know immediately

During which stage of training did you know which career path was right for you or did you know immediately

Picture of Katie
Picture of Paratrooper
2 responses

Philip E. asked a question to Combat

Category: Experience

Date asked: Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Last reviewed: Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Picture of Katie

Katie

Staff Officer - Projects for People

Hi Philip, Thank you for your question. For me, I knew that I wanted to join the Royal Artillery before I got to Sandhurst. I had been an Army Cadet, in the University Officer Training Corps, and in the Territorial Army (now called the Army Reserves) so I had quite a good idea of the Corps, Regiments and trades available before I started my training. I read around a lot about the different roles, and I conducted familiarisation visits at about four different Regiments and Corps that I was considering to see which one offered the roles I’d be most interested in, and the sort of people I’d best get on with. I would implore you to do the same. Take the time you have to research what role you feel you would be best suited to and what Regiment or Corps appeals to you the most. The Army Role Finder is a great place to start; https://apply.army.mod.uk/roles?ef_id=EAIaIQobChMI_5vqwbmJ7QIVE57VCh0lkwg9EAAYASAAEgLK4PD_BwE:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!8141!3!323097707960!e!!g!!army%20role%20finder Please feel free to come back and ask more questions on this thread if you feel we can help you with finding the best role and Regiment for you. Katie

Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Picture of Paratrooper R.

Paratrooper R.

Paratrooper

Hi, Just to add insight from an Nco's point of view. Like Katie I also knew I wanted to do from the start. I would Strongly recommend researching the different avenues prior and the Army website can offer a lot of information on each avenue. Unlike Sandhurst, what you are interested in doing, dictates where you do you basic training. For example, infantry recruits are in Catterick, however, trades do their training elsewhere, therefore you really need an idea from the start

Tuesday, November 17, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?