Picture of Hi, did you have family when you were being deployed? how do you balance spending time with kids etc with work?

Hi, did you have family when you were being deployed? how do you balance spending time with kids etc with work?

1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Infantry

Category: Work Life Balance

Date asked: Monday, January 4, 2021

Last reviewed: Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Daniel E.

Assistant Intelligence Officer

Hello and thank you for your question. I am married with two children. When I was deployed to Afghanistan, I only had one child. At the start of the deployment, it was hard being away from my daughter and wife but as time goes on, it gets easier. You have your chain of command and your mates to talk to if you start feeling "down", plus work keeps you busy most of the time. When we are not deployed, I have my family close by in a house provided by the Army so when I finish work, I get to go home and see them as anyone in a normal 8-5 job would. For those soldiers who choose to live on camp, they get most weekends off so they are able to travel to their homes to see their families and partners. I hope this helps answer your question and if you have any other questions, please ask. -Danny

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?