Picture of How to appeal a level 2 when I've already proven its a misdiagnosis and I've still been rejected

How to appeal a level 2 when I've already proven its a misdiagnosis and I've still been rejected

Picture of Tori
1 response

Additional information

Been rejected for chronic fatigue syndrome which I was never diagnosed with, gp wrote letter confirming this and I was still rejected can anyone shed some light on how I could fix this please

Anonymous asked a question to Medical

Category: Application issues

Date asked: Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Last reviewed: Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hello, Your letter should hopefully have provided you with details on whether or not you are able to appeal, and if so, what the process is. If this has not been made clear then I would advise contacting a member of the recruiting team via the contact page on our website (this forum is mostly staffed by serving soldiers, so our knowledge of the ins and outs of the application process is limited I'm afraid). During an appeal, the symptoms you presented with that led to the misdiagnosis would have been taken into account. If for example, you had significant fatigue, then it may be that you would still be ineligible to join, depending on various other factors. For example, how long you had symptoms for, if your symptoms completely resolved, how many years since they resolved, and if since then you have demonstrated you can achieve a level of activity similar to that of military training without your symptoms returning. Sorry I have been unable to answer your question fully, but I hope some of that information will be helpful.

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?