Picture of When can I re-apply after medical rejection of ease fatiguability and palpitation?

When can I re-apply after medical rejection of ease fatiguability and palpitation?

Picture of Tori
1 response

Ebenezer A. asked a question to Medical

Category: Application process

Date asked: Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Last reviewed: Thursday, August 1, 2019

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hello, I think I have already answered your questions elsewhere, but just in case you missed it... I believe you can appeal if you have been rejected due to a medical condition if you feel the decision was not the right one. I am afraid I am not the best person to advise on the appeals process, but you should hopefully have been given details of this process already - please let me know if not and I will try and find someone who can help. I’m afraid military doctors don’t have much to do with entry medicals as this is managed by recruitment, so this is not my area of expertise. However, if you do wish to appeal the decision, there would be several things they would need to explore. This would include any investigations you have already had, whether you have a diagnosis, what your current symptoms are and how long you have had them, or how long you have been symptom free. Very generally speaking, sometimes if your symptoms weren’t too bad and you weren’t found to have an underlying condition, and a period of time has passed where you have been able to undertake physical activity at the level expected by the armed forces, then your appeal is more likely to be successful. I hope that helps, sorry I can’t be more specific!

Thursday, August 1, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?