Picture of I sent a video playing the descant recorder and was rejected yet I can site read and play please advise

I sent a video playing the descant recorder and was rejected yet I can site read and play please advise

Picture of Bethan
2 responses

Additional information

I'm buying a tenor student saxophone to practise it it a positive step please help

Anonymous asked a question to Bethan W.

Category: Application issues

Date asked: Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Last reviewed: Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Picture of Bethan W.

Bethan W.

Defence Leadership

Hi there, thanks for your question. I'm sorry to hear your video audition on the recorder wasn't successful at progressing further through the process. This will most likely be because the recorder is not an instrument that we actively recruit - it doesn't appear in a traditional military wind band, which is our primary ensemble, or of course in the brass band. However, the tenor saxophone is certainly an instrument that features in British Army Music, so I would agree, as you've mentioned, this is a positive step towards trying again at audition. Make sure you check out this link here that tells you about all the different audition requirements: https://bit.ly/2JxbJ6d so that you have the best chance at success in the future. You will need to perform 2 contrasting pieces on your instrument, take an aural perception test, demonstrate some scales and arpeggios, and show an understanding of music theory. Good luck with your practice and keep checking us out us on social media to follow what we get up to. Bethan

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Anonymous

Thank you for your reply the feedback was in depth I really appreciate how you replied back Thank you honestly 😇😇

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?