Picture of Can someone give me their experience of being a medical officer? Really interested but need to sell it to my parents

Can someone give me their experience of being a medical officer? Really interested but need to sell it to my parents

Picture of Tori
1 response

Additional information

I want to be a doctor, but don't know whether I want to do this in the army (no one in my family's ever done it, I'm gay so worried about homophobia). Any information would be helpful, thanks :)

Anonymous asked a question to Medical

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Sunday, May 2, 2021

Last reviewed: Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hello, Was there anything in particular about the role that you wanted to know? There is some information on my profile page about my career so far which you may find helpful. In summary, I highly recommend it! I am probably not best placed to advise you on whether homophobia is still present in the Army, it's not something I have witnessed, and the Army certainly work hard to promote an inclusive environment, no matter what your gender/sexuality/background etc... I have several military colleagues who are gay, and they seem happy with their (very successful) military careers so far. They have also chosen to remain in the military to complete specialty training, which I hope shows they find it a good environment to work in. I hope that helps, let me know if you have any further questions.

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?