Picture of If i join 4 para and decide i want to be regular and do the job fulltime ie. 2&3 para what would the process be?

If i join 4 para and decide i want to be regular and do the job fulltime ie. 2&3 para what would the process be?

Picture of Jen
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Reserves

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Friday, August 27, 2021

Last reviewed: Thursday, September 9, 2021

Picture of Jen C.

Jen C.

Reservist Brigade SO2 SPS

There are many people who look at doing either a Regular to Reserve transfer or from Reserves to Regular transfer. For the latter it's a bit more complicated and would depend on a huge number of factors including time spent in the Army Reserves, courses completed (ie Phase 1 and 2 training), whether there is space (number of personnel etc) etc etc. It is a faster process than starting from scratch as you are serving in the Army albeit as a Reservist but all the medical etc is already completed. If you join 4 para and later decide to become a Regular there will be plenty of directing staff in 4 Para who will guide and help you through the process. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Thursday, September 9, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?

Related discussions
Can I join up as a Regular after doing 23 years as a reservists, if so what is the max age I can join up?When is another recruitment period open, and how will i i know about the intake?If you are commissioned for a gap year and apply for a regular commission, how long would the course be?I'd like to know how id fit this round my full time job. do i need to renegotiate my employment contract. ?Starting my third year of University, how do I decide if the army is for me, and between the regulars or reserves?How long do I have to serve in the Army to qualify for Pensiom and other benefits?For the assessment centre would I need to research my 2nd and 3rd job choice or will I only be asked about my 1st job?I am training as a Student Paramedic currently. What roles would be best suited following this kind of job?What is the typical required amount of time you need to commit to as a reservist?what do the 4 years you require to serve after FY1 & 2 involve, I understand it's 3 years as a GDMO but what's the 4th?so i'm applying for paras in 2 months time and i am wondering what should my next steps be in the mean time?I finish y13 next June, when is the right time to apply as a regular? as id like to go in after i finish y13if my 2k run time is up to standard will i have to reapply or would they help me reach the standared?How much time would I need to commit if I join the reservists as a infrastructure engineer at 18?join the paras or 2repLegion. what is food in para like(not fussy, how many helpings), career progression? im 30