Picture of what happens if i fail in one fitness test and pass others.  am i gonna kick out of the army?

what happens if i fail in one fitness test and pass others. am i gonna kick out of the army?

Picture of Jen
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to British Army

Category: Interview Tips

Date asked: Saturday, September 4, 2021

Last reviewed: Monday, September 6, 2021

Picture of Jen C.

Jen C.

Reservist Brigade SO2 SPS

Hi, the simple answer is, no! You won't get 'kicked out' for failing a fitness test. All army physical training is built up from basic training. It's also built up after long periods of leave (holiday) ie. you shouldn't have 3weeks off and be expected to come back straight into a 10mile booted run for example! If you fail a fitness test you'd be given the opportunity to take it again. If you still fail it you may well then start remedial fitness training to get you up to the level you need to be at. You would work with Physical Training staff to look at reasons why and how and what you could do to improve. Everyone is made differently and what some people find easy, others find hard. For example, someone might be the fastest runner in their unit but as soon as they are expected to walk, with weight, in boots they might really struggle. As long as you always try and give it 100% people will be there to help you.

Monday, September 6, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?