Picture of does joining the army make you feel like the best version of yourself and has made you a better stronger person?

does joining the army make you feel like the best version of yourself and has made you a better stronger person?

Picture of LCoH Ashley
Picture of Jen
2 responses

Additional information

i want to join but keep doubtion and second guessing myself, would you say joining has improved your life?

Anonymous asked a question to Combat

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Monday, October 18, 2021

Last reviewed: Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Picture of LCoH Ashley O.

LCoH Ashley O.

Recruiting Co-Ordinator at ACC Norwich

Good Morning and thanks for your question In short, Definitely. I joined as an 18 year old who had a desire to achieve more in my life and make a difference. Since joining, the army has given me no end of opportunities to better myself and to help the world too. Giving myself and my colleagues the best possible training and the best experiences, all whilst offering some great job security and no end of other perks. Even when i had only served a small time, i already felt like i had made a drastic improvement to myself and could then offer a lot more to the world. The army makes this possible.

Monday, November 15, 2021

Picture of Jen C.

Jen C.

Reservist Brigade SO2 SPS

To add to this, i have developed more as a person than i might have done if I'd not joined the army. I've learnt a lot about myself - how far i can push myself physically (certainly through basic training), my confidence has developed (as a young officer i was managing individuals old enough to be my parents) and i've been put into uncomfortable situations that I have had to thrive in. As Ash said, we are given so many amazing opportunities too and the chances to gain loads of quals - i never would have done a Masters degree outside the army (i didn't really want to do much more education at all after my degree) and didn't know i'd be capable of achieving it let alone whilst also working and being a mum to 3 kids. If you are doubting yourself now then think how gutted you'd be in 10-20 years when you look back and think, 'i wish i'd given it a go!'. You've got nothing to lose but yet so much to gain, and so much to find out about yourself and tap into all that hidden potential you don't know you have yet!!! Good luck.

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?