Picture of I'm curious as to what my options are after training am I allowed to take more courses for more experience and knowledge

I'm curious as to what my options are after training am I allowed to take more courses for more experience and knowledge

Picture of Jen
2 responses

Anonymous asked a question to Infantry

Date asked: Friday, November 5, 2021

Last reviewed: Monday, November 8, 2021

Picture of Jen C.

Jen C.

Reservist Brigade SO2 SPS

Hi, the army is a big believer in developing skills and education is important. Each soldier gets £175 (standard learning credits) to go towards a training course of your choice every year - this could quite literally be for anything and doesn't need to necessarily be about your job. It could be a cooking course, or photography course or something military like a medical course. Training for your role is covered completely by the army and if you find more courses that you think would help, you might find that the army fund the course and give you the time off for it too. We have soldiers who joined the army after leaving school at 14 (with no secondary school qualifications at all) and they have gone on to complete Master level university courses.

Monday, November 8, 2021

James A.

Reconnaissance Platoon soldier

Yes, every serving soldier will do courses to not only develop themselves but progress their careers. The army also provide funding for external courses such as education Once you have served your minimum term you will have something called enhanced learning credits where you do external course at level 3 minimum level at a cost of £1000 or £2000 a year x 3 after your 6 year point Hope this helps J

Monday, November 8, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?