Picture of How much money do i need to bring to basic training? Will i need to bring savings, food, clothing? what was your worry?

How much money do i need to bring to basic training? Will i need to bring savings, food, clothing? what was your worry?

Picture of Jen
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Combat

Category: Employee benefits

Date asked: Saturday, December 11, 2021

Last reviewed: Sunday, December 12, 2021

Picture of Jen C.

Jen C.

Reservist Brigade SO2 SPS

Basic training is actually a great place to save money as you won't really be able to spend much! You'll need to bring some money - for snacks or sweets etc, you also might need to purchase things you'd not thought about whilst packing or things that your directing staff will tell you about which might make things a bit easier/more comfortable. You get paid a salary during basic training too and will never spend anywhere near what you earn (obviously unless you have already got big debts etc). You will need to bring some clothes with you but you will be given a packing list but you mainly stay in your uniform, tracksuit etc. You will be given so much information prior to turning up to basic training hopefully you won't have too many worries. Good luck - it really is the best journey ever.

Sunday, December 12, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?