1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Combat

Category: General

Date asked: Monday, January 10, 2022

Last reviewed: Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Picture of LCoH Ashley O.

LCoH Ashley O.

Recruiting Co-Ordinator at ACC Norwich

Good afternoon and thanks for your question, So this is a relatively common concern for some people when they think about joining the army. But what i can tell you is that a lot of it is fuelled by rumours and common misconceptions about army life. In the army, when you're not on training exercises or operations, you will be working, doing your chosen job role in a style similar to the 9-5 routine in civilian life. Most soldiers start the day with a Physical Training session, before then starting work mid-morning doing whatever your chosen job role is. ​This will mean that evenings and weekends are your own to do with as you wish. So if you're based close to where your family lives, then by all means you could go and spend the evening with them, or if not, most of our soldiers choose to head home for the weekend to see family and still maintain regularly healthy relationships with them and their friends from home too. Contrary to popular belief, the army is not always a 24 hour job, and your time off is just as important as your time in work. Maintaining a healthy work/life balance is crucial in maintaining the highest level of operational effectiveness across the British Army. I hope this helps, if you have any more questions then feel free to ask away.

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?