Picture of If I was to sign up would I still be able to keep in contact with family friends and my girlfriend

If I was to sign up would I still be able to keep in contact with family friends and my girlfriend

Picture of Katie
1 response

Jacob E. asked a question to HR, Finance and Support

Category: Work Life Balance

Date asked: Sunday, February 12, 2023

Last reviewed: Sunday, February 12, 2023

Picture of Katie

Katie

Staff Officer - Projects for People

Hi Jacob, Thanks for your question, this is something a lot of people ask about. You can absolutely keep in touch with friends and family, as well as making new life long friends too! During the first 4 weeks of your basic training you are expected to stay on camp to settle in, but will be able to keep in touch via your mobile. There will be a families day between week 4-6, where your family is invited to visit. After week 8 you can go home at weekends if the training programme is clear of duty or training. There will be a period of leave through your training too. Once you have finished basic training and trade training (where you have the majority of weekends off), and go to your unit, you could be working a 8-5 job so what you do with your evenings and weekends is up to you! There will be periods that you go away for training or operations, but we always make sure people can keep on touch with their loved ones. I hope this answers your question but if you want to know more please do come back to me. Katie

Sunday, February 12, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?