Picture of Hello I hope you are well I was wondering do you have to move away from your parents when you are an apprentice

Hello I hope you are well I was wondering do you have to move away from your parents when you are an apprentice

Picture of Benjamin
9 responses

Arber I. asked a question to Benjamin B.

Category: Apprenticeships

Date asked: Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Last reviewed: Thursday, April 27, 2023

Picture of Benjamin B.

Benjamin B.

Quarter Master Tech JNCO

Hello, I am good thank you, I hope you are well too. Apprenticeships within the Army start during Phase 2 Training or Trade Training. During this you'll be in the block (Single Living Accommodation), however you do get the chance to go home each weekend. Addition to this the chain of command will provide dates to take leave so through most of your leave dates you'll be at home if you wanted to be. Overall you'll be away from your parents but will always have the chance to see them and spend time with them. I hope this helps.

Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Arber I.

Ohh okay thank you for answering my question and I wish you all the best sir and also do you have to do the training as I wanna be support in the IT field for apprenticeships if that is okay do you do any cyber security stuff there in the army or something similar

Arber I.

And also another question when you decide to do an apprenticeship what will you do there on a regular week thank you for answering

Arber I.

And also when you start an apprenticeship in the IT field can you go home afterwards as well everyday or you are not allowed and also I am studying my level 2 IT and I am gonna move up to level 3 so I am happy about it

Picture of Benjamin B.

Benjamin B.

Quarter Master Tech JNCO

Great questions!, We do have IT based roles within the Army including your interest in Cyber Security. All soldiers gain the basic knowledge of Cyber Security. However we do have dedicated roles to advance that. If your out in the field then you could be expected to be out there for a week or more but this is down to the unit and the training objectives that the chain of command have put forth to achieve. Training wise, every soldier/officer do training from Basic Training to your trade training, where you can be out in the field or within camp where your selected capbadge will be. Your apprenticeship throughout your Army Career is set throughout in normal every day life, After the working day you can have the option to travel home, or every weekend. But this is in everyday life after all your training (Phase 1 and 2). I hope this helps!

Arber I.

Okay thank you so much for answering my question sir and I will definitely have a look into the army and I wish you the best you are incredible and also another question even if you still do a IT apprenticeship would they teach you about the IT stuff in the army or would you have to do the physical training as well in the apprenticeship

Thursday, April 27, 2023

Picture of Benjamin B.

Benjamin B.

Quarter Master Tech JNCO

The Army will teach you IT within certain trades that we have. Which you can search through the role finder. This can show you what you would need for an IT role. physical training wise. You'll be included with that too with all your fellow soldiers.

Thursday, April 27, 2023

Arber I.

Okay thank you so much for answering my questions I am very grateful for it and I wish you all the best throughout your career and do not let anything bring you down and if I have anymore questions I will let you know in the future

Thursday, April 27, 2023

Picture of Benjamin B.

Benjamin B.

Quarter Master Tech JNCO

Thank you! I'll be more than happy to help. I wish you all the best throughout your application process and training.

Thursday, April 27, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?