Picture of Are you required to move around a lot? Do you have any choice as to which barracks you're posted to?

Are you required to move around a lot? Do you have any choice as to which barracks you're posted to?

Picture of Holly
3 responses

Additional information

I'm female and will soon be 30, I have a degree but no experience with the armed forces

Anonymous asked a question to Holly J.

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Last reviewed: Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Picture of Holly J.

Holly J.

Financial Systems Administrator

Hey! Thanks for the question. As HR, you usually move around every 3 years. This can change though due to exercises, deployments, extensions, welfare reasons and it could also change because of your assigned job or where your posting is. I’ve had one posting which was 3 and a half years and the one I’m in now, is only a year. When your halfway through Trade Training at Worthy Down, you have to fill in your Posting Preferences, you get three choices. You can select by location or by job role (staff, instructor, regimental duty). Majority of the time everyone gets their first choice but if not, you will then get your second or third choice. Hope this helps! If you have anymore questions, please get in touch!

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Anonymous

Thank you! Can you stay in one place for more than three years?

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Picture of Holly J.

Holly J.

Financial Systems Administrator

Hey! You can extend but it’s usually only for a year. Also if you promote and there is a gap available for your new rank, you can be asked to be placed into it, but it isn’t always a definite as there may be someone already lined up for that job.

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?