Picture of Rejected but told to re-apply once 18

Rejected but told to re-apply once 18

Picture of Jordon
2 responses

Additional information

I applied for the army when I was 15 years 9 months as it is all I've ever wanted to do. I have a history of ocd symptoms, but have never been diagnosed. I had been discharged from camhs but I was rejected and told to re-apply once I was 18. The history will still be there, so I'm just wondering what my chances might be if I reapplied. I had great character references from school and my army cadet Sergeant major. Also, from my gp and the lady I saw for cbt sessions, but was still rejected. I have a shotgun licence, so the gp and police saw no problem with my history. I'm starting uniformed services in September, but my heart is set on the army, but really don't want the heartbreak of being rejected all over again

Anonymous asked a question to Medical

Category: General

Date asked: Monday, July 3, 2023

Last reviewed: Thursday, July 13, 2023

Picture of Jordon W.

Jordon W.

Combat Medical Technician

If you was told to reapply for 18 it could be one of two reasons either the job role that you were applying form requires you to be over 18 or if there was something on your medical records this could be medication etc. Some conditions require you to be treatment and symptom free for a certain amount of time, in your case it sounds like it may have been a two year ban. So your best bet would be to apply again when 18 as that deferral or time ban would then be lifted.

Thursday, July 13, 2023

Scott G.

Ok, I will definitely reapply. Thank you for your reply

Thursday, July 13, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?