Picture of Hi, is dual nationality (French & British) an issue in applying for the Intelligence Officer role? Thank you.

Hi, is dual nationality (French & British) an issue in applying for the Intelligence Officer role? Thank you.

Picture of Jen
1 response

Additional information

I have lived in the UK for the last five consecutive years.

Heather T. asked a question to Communications, Intelligence and IT

Category: Eligibility

Date asked: Thursday, August 3, 2023

Last reviewed: Monday, August 7, 2023

Picture of Jen C.

Jen C.

Reservist Brigade SO2 SPS

Hi, absolutely not and should actually help you in getting in. There are a number of dual passport / bilingual individuals serving in the army and speaking another language is of real benefit! When you join as an officer you intially just apply to be a generic officer - you don't make your selection really until you are at The Royal Military Academy Sandhurst at the end of your 2nd term. I hope this helps.

Monday, August 7, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?

Related discussions
I am romanian but I have been living in the UK for 4 years, do I need to get British citizenship before I can apply?Can I apply if I'm not British ?I am Brazilian and I have dual Italian citizenship, when I have British citizenship, can I then serve in the army?Do I need to be in the UK to apply or may I apply from my country where I am living at present?Do I have to be of English citizenship to become a soldier?Do you offer accommodationDual citizenship(non-UK) and a Veteran with a 4 year degree. Am I eligible for the Officer School or the Intel. pathDear British Army, can I apply for Physiotherapist officer role if I am not a British citizen?hello, am not a british resident, do you guys employ people from other countries? and if yes how do one go about it?Am try to fill up my eligibility questions but am have troubles with "Which passport did you use to enter the UK?"Can an American with a British dual citizenship be a Grenadier Guard, Irish Guard, or Scots Guard?Hi Ross! Im a Dual British citizen from America. I want to be an officer but have no A levels or GCSES. What can I do??Hi Chris! I'm a dual British citizen from America. I want to be an officer but have no A levels or GCSES. what can I do?Are Army Officer roles available to application by Commonwealth Citizens? I am an Australian Citizen.Can British Dual citizen (Thai and British) serve in the British armyCan an eligible Ghanaian citizen with a bachelor apply for the role of army officer and will he or she be considered ?