Picture of Will dual citizenship (British & Russian) stop me from joining the Army as an Intelligence Officer?

Will dual citizenship (British & Russian) stop me from joining the Army as an Intelligence Officer?

Picture of Jen
1 response

Additional information

Will dual citizenship (British & Russian) stop me from joining the Army as an Intelligence Officer? I was born in the UK and have lived here all my life. My dad has solo British but my mum was born in Russia, although, she now lives (and has lived for 16 years) in the UK. Am I eligible for the role of Intelligence Officer and, if not, is there anything I can do to be able to join?

Anonymous asked a question to Communications, Intelligence and IT

Category: Eligibility

Date asked: Monday, September 4, 2023

Last reviewed: Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Picture of Jen C.

Jen C.

Reservist Brigade SO2 SPS

Hi, as you have dual citizenship and have lived in the UK all your life there is no reason at all that you couldn't join the Army. You will undergo the same vetting / security checks as everyone else. There are lots of dual citizenship individuals and if you can speak a 2nd etc language the army always needs linguists even if it's just for hosting reasons when there is a high profile visit. Really good luck to you!

Tuesday, September 5, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?