Picture of Advice? I’m nervous about the assessment centre (interview) as I lack in confidence&forget everything i’ve prepared for.

Advice? I’m nervous about the assessment centre (interview) as I lack in confidence&forget everything i’ve prepared for.

Picture of Connor
Picture of Graeme
3 responses

Additional information

Royal engineers (eod & search)

Start new discussionBrowse other categories

Anonymous asked a question to Combat

Category: Interview Tips

Date asked: Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Last reviewed: Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Picture of Connor T.

Connor T.

Army Air Corps CET Team.

Please try to relax, we know the assessment centre can be daunting however just remember everyone is in the same place as you. Just be yourself and try to be vocal, its important to be heard but just as important to listen to others especially on the team tasks, make sure you get involved and don`t sit back. We are not expecting you to know everything, we are assessing you for your trainability and suitability. Hope this helps, just give it your all 110%.

Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Picture of Graeme J.

Graeme J.

Royal Armoured Corp, Tank Crewman.

Hi, reference your interview part of assessment, don't be phased as it is more of a one on one chat recapping over how you have performed. Just be yourself and try your best which is all anyone at assessment centre will ask of you.

Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Picture of Jen C.

Jen C.

Reservist Brigade SO2 SPS

Hi, great question. As everyone else has said, just be yourself. The army is looking at your potential too - you will learn so much during basic training and will change slightly as a person (you'll increase your confidence no end) so if you can go with the mind set of 'no one else is putting pressure on me, just me' and hopefully that will help. Just get involved with everything and chat to everyone in your group. Try and enjoy it as this will shine through all the nerves when you are doing things by yourself (ie your interview)

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Did you find this discussion helpful?