Picture of Hello Kyle, I'm Albert Konadu. As I prepare to join the Army, I'd like to know what keeps you motivated as a soldier?

Hello Kyle, I'm Albert Konadu. As I prepare to join the Army, I'd like to know what keeps you motivated as a soldier?

Picture of Nana
Picture of Albert
10 responses
Start new discussionBrowse other categories

Albert K. asked a question to Kyle P.

Category: Experience

Date asked: Monday, October 7, 2024

Last reviewed: Monday, October 7, 2024

Picture of Nana A.

Nana A.

RLC Nurture JNCO

Hello Albert, what motivates me to keep going as a soldier is knowing that my service makes a difference. It's about the commitment to protect and serve, the camaraderie with my fellow soldiers, and the pride in upholding the values and standards of the British Army. Each day presents challenges, but the sense of purpose and the opportunity to contribute to something greater than myself keeps me driven and focused. Lastly, the vast opportunities i get through continuous professional development is huge, and also the ability to have a positive impact in the people around myself and beyond is fulfilling.

Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Picture of Albert K.

Albert K.

Thank you for sharing that, Nana. Your dedication and commitment are truly inspiring, and it's clear that the values and standards you uphold make a significant impact not only within the British Army but also in the broader community. I share your belief in the importance of contributing to something greater than oneself, and I am eager to have the opportunity to support such a meaningful cause. The chance to grow professionally while making a positive difference in the lives of others is a journey I'd be honoured to embark on, alongside individuals like you who are driven by purpose and excellence.

Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Picture of Robert H.

Robert H.

Marketing Officer

Hi there Albert, Wow this is quite a deep question but i will do my best to answer it. So my motivations have changed as my career has progressed. When i joined the Army i wanted a job that i could feel proud of and that would make a difference. I enjoyed working outdoors and had a sports background so the teamwork aspect really appealed to me. As i progressed through my career my initial motivation remained however was supplemented by the desire to challenge myself and promote as far as my ability would let me. Now my life has changed immeasurably as i now have a family so my motivation is further supplemented by the desire for financial stability and the support the Army provides to me and my family. I also want my children to understand the value of service to help others as well as the strong values and standards that the Army is structured around. I want to be someone and do something that they can look up to. Hope that answers your question.

Monday, September 2, 2024

Picture of Albert K.

Albert K.

Thank you for such an honest and thoughtful response, Robert. It's inspiring to hear how your motivations have evolved over time, reflecting both personal growth and the changing priorities in your life. The way you’ve connected your career to values like service, teamwork, and family really resonates with me. It’s clear that your commitment extends far beyond just the job itselfit’s about setting an example for your children and being part of something bigger than yourself. I have a deep respect for the sacrifices and challenges that come with your role, and I appreciate you sharing how the Army supports not just you, but your family as well. Your dedication to both your country and your loved ones is truly commendable. Thanks again for sharing this with me. It gives me a lot to think about, especially regarding what drives us in our careers and personal lives.

Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Picture of James W.

James W.

Role Model Recruiter

Morning the thing that keeps me going is knowing I am doing my best to help all different countries that need help the other thing is making my family proud of what I do and knowing the better I do in my army job the better life i can give my family. I also love doing sports in the army and with m been in the army i have been able to do a lot of sports that i would never been able to afford to do if I was not in and they have also pushed me to try sports that i would of never tried on my own hope this answers your question

Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Picture of Albert K.

Albert K.

Thank you for your thoughtful response, James. It's inspiring to hear how your dedication to helping others and making your family proud drives you. Your passion for sports and the opportunities the Army provides highlight the unique experiences that come with service. I appreciate you sharing this with me.

Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Picture of Gary T.

Gary T.

Recruiting and Mentoring

Good morning Albert. Great question... I started my time as a regular soldier in the early 80's, I left and had a full career as a fire fighter. Towards the end of my firefighting career (still youngish, fit and healthy), I thought what was it that gave me the skills, values and work ethic that helped me have a very successful working life to date. It was everything I'd learnt in the Army and I wanted to spread awareness of my own lived experiences and how my service had helped me achieve what I had. So I joined the Army Reserves and now am full time reserve service as a recruiting and mentoring support officer. What motivates is through my role giving others the opportunity and experiences I have gained in my 40 years of service.

Monday, October 7, 2024

Picture of Albert K.

Albert K.

Thank you for your insightful response, Gary. I truly appreciate you sharing your journey and how your Army experience shaped your successful career. I’m excited to tap into your expertise and experience as I prepare to join the Army myself. Your dedication to mentoring others is inspiring, and I hope to follow in your footsteps!

Monday, October 7, 2024

Picture of Gary T.

Gary T.

Recruiting and Mentoring

No worries Albert. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.

Monday, October 7, 2024

Picture of Albert K.

Albert K.

Thank you, Gary. I appreciate your support. I’ve already applied and I am currently waiting to hear from the team. I’m positive about joining the Army soon and will definitely reach out if I have any questions!

Monday, October 7, 2024

Did you find this discussion helpful?