Picture of Do you need to be a first class or second class biomedical scientist and HCPC registered to become a biomedical officer?

Do you need to be a first class or second class biomedical scientist and HCPC registered to become a biomedical officer?

Picture of Tori
1 response

Additional information

I only have a 3rd class honours biomedical degree

Anonymous asked a question to Medical

Category: Application process

Date asked: Sunday, August 4, 2019

Last reviewed: Sunday, August 4, 2019

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hello, I'm not too sure on this one, and I don't know any Biomed officers to ask! Sorry! I am sure you have already looked, but the Army jobs website only says Bsc (Hons) degree and doesn't specify which class. If you think the Army is for you, it is worth just doing the online application and then speaking to your local recruiter. They should then be able to speak to the Army Medical Services recruiting team to get an answer for you. The Army values lots of qualities, and I expect they keep it vague to encourage everyone to apply. The person with a 1st may be a terrible team player, but the person with a 3rd might be just the sort of person they are looking for. I hope that helps, sorry I can't give you a more definitive answer! Good luck!

Sunday, August 4, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?