Picture of I am in my penultimate year of medical school - is it too late for me to get the army medical bursary?

I am in my penultimate year of medical school - is it too late for me to get the army medical bursary?

Picture of Tori
3 responses

Additional information

I have decided that I am keen to join the army after medical school as a doctor, and I know the army does medical bursaries for the final 3 years of medical school. Is there any way I can still get this bursary if I am currently in my penultimate year or is it too late?

Liam C. asked a question to Medical

Category: Eligibility

Date asked: Friday, January 10, 2020

Last reviewed: Sunday, January 26, 2020

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hello, I think you have probably left it a little late, but it'll depend on how many bursary spots are left for you year group - if you start an application on the army jobs website you will be able to ask what options are available to you. It may be you can complete the application process with the intention of joining after FY2 (as a direct entrant) if there are no bursary slots available - not as beneficial financially, but still a good option! It would also mean you could try and get through AOSB and other elements of the selection process now so that you don't need to take annual leave during FY1/2 to do it. I hope that helps!

Saturday, January 11, 2020

Liam C.

Thank you for your response! So does this mean that you can't do F1 and F2 with the army unless you have been awarded the medical bursary?

Sunday, January 12, 2020

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Not as far as I know - but it is worth asking the recruitment team after you have started your application in case anything has changed recently.

Sunday, January 26, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?