Picture of Wanted to know if any RLC mariners have any good stories want to transfer as looks like a great job?

Wanted to know if any RLC mariners have any good stories want to transfer as looks like a great job?

3 responses

Anonymous asked a question to Logistics

Category: Open positions

Date asked: Saturday, February 1, 2020

Last reviewed: Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Georgina Z.

Marketing Manager

Hi, My first job in the Army was in charge of a port troop at 17 Port and Maritime Regiment, The Royal Logistic Corps. It was amazing. The mariners have a fantastic career. They are responsible for ship to shore delivery of supplies and equipment such as vehicles. One of the best times I had was in Oman where we spend all day every day on a mexe float in the sea transporting kit from a ship at sea to the shore. I know it probably does not sound that exciting but being at sea is great. The team that operate the floating raft are exceptionally trained, we all have a really good laugh and it is vital work getting the Army's equipment to them in really austere places. Please feel free to ask me any other questions about this unit or role.

Thursday, February 13, 2020

Christian Q.

Yea thanks I was wondering how often do you get to be on the work and support boats

Thursday, February 13, 2020

Alec M.

when will commonwealth country be able to apply

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?