Picture of How are the females in the army treated, and do you get bullied in the army

How are the females in the army treated, and do you get bullied in the army

Picture of Tori
2 responses

Shonzeh F. asked a question to Medical

Category: Diversity

Date asked: Friday, April 17, 2020

Last reviewed: Sunday, May 3, 2020

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hi Shonzeh, I can only really answer this question from personal experience, but as with any large organisation, experiences will vary. I work primarily within the Army Medical Services which has more females than most other cap badges, so being female is nothing out of the ordinary and I didn't feel I was treated any differently to my colleagues. I have deployed with, and been on exercise with other cap badges as the only female, but again, I have never had any issues. The Army is quite aware that there may have been problems in the past, so we have clear mechanisms in place for any soldier who feels they have been treated differently, or discriminated against, for whatever reason, to raise any concerns.

Saturday, April 18, 2020

Shonzeh F.

Hey there, i wanted to ask as i am continuously reading about the sexual abuse in the army against overseas women and women in general. So how safe is it for people who wanna apply, as this might lower their interest in the army because of the concerns of their personal security.

Sunday, May 3, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?