Picture of I would like to do something with nursing but I would like to do stuff in combat as well, can someone suggest something

I would like to do something with nursing but I would like to do stuff in combat as well, can someone suggest something

Picture of Katie
2 responses

Pippa T. asked a question to Combat

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Sunday, April 19, 2020

Last reviewed: Sunday, April 19, 2020

James A.

Reconnaissance Platoon soldier

Pippa, thanks for your question. A Combat Medical Technician sounds like the right option for you. They provide frontline medical assistance to infantry soldiers. You will have the option to what unit you wish to be attached to, for example, you could get attached to a logistic regiment providing vital kit and equipment across the world or an infantry unit operating anywhere in the world. All roles are now open to Male and female so if you wished to test yourself physically and mentally, the gantry could be an option! Find the link below for more information https://apply.army.mod.uk/roles/army-medical-service/combat-medical-technician If you have any further questions don’t hesitate to ask J

Sunday, April 19, 2020

Picture of Katie

Katie

Staff Officer - Projects for People

Hi Pippa, Thanks for your question. Nursing roles within the Army tend not to be directly involved in combat. You could be deployed on operations working in a field hospital supporting soldiers injured during combat, but you wouldn’t deploy out on the ground yourself. If you want a true balance you may want to look into becoming a Combat Medical Technician. As well as working in Field Hospitals and Medical Centres, they deploy out on the ground and support exercises and combat operations. Have a look at the British Army website to find out more about each role; https://apply.army.mod.uk/roles/army-medical-service/combat-medical-technician Let me know if you have any further questions. Katie

Sunday, April 19, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?