Picture of My son is currently in his first week at ITC Catterick, any advice to help him get through 1st week. 7 have quit so far!

My son is currently in his first week at ITC Catterick, any advice to help him get through 1st week. 7 have quit so far!

2 responses

Anonymous asked a question to Infantry

Category: Application Status

Date asked: Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Last reviewed: Monday, October 5, 2020

Daniel E.

Assistant Intelligence Officer

Hello. I was an Instructor for over two years and the fall out rate is pretty normal for the start of training. People miss home, Girlfriend/Boyfriend is putting pressure on them, not what they expected, first time away from home etc, etc. Every person will have external factors affecting them. You, as a parent needs to be the rock that grounds them, that brings them back to reality and helps them through the bad times. They will either fight through it and be a better person or it will get too much for them and decide to leave. I have spoken to a lot of recruits who left training early and quite a few beat themselves up for not sticking with it. I hope this helps, and get back to me if you have anymore questions.

Monday, October 5, 2020

Mark C.

Thank you for your feedback. Its now 4th week and more have quit however my son has successfully resisted the negativity, turned the negatives into positives, loves being out in the field, happily asks questions from the NCO’s and receives positivity back. It definitely proves the process works and those with a can do attitude will succeed and those not willing to graft will eventually quit. No one wants their son or daughter standing next to quitter in trenches when the bullets are flying! Keep up the good work!

Monday, October 5, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?