Picture of I’m Heading to Pirbright at the end of the month and wondering what tips you have? N

I’m Heading to Pirbright at the end of the month and wondering what tips you have? N

7 responses

Newlyn U. asked a question to British Army

Category: Application Status

Date asked: Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Last reviewed: Saturday, March 7, 2020

James A.

Reconnaissance Platoon soldier

Hi Newlyn, Thank you for your question Congratulations on getting this far! Have you received your kit list and complete yet? I would recommend getting out jogging/running, it will make your life easier at Pirbright if you turn up with a decent level of fitness. Don’t go mental with it and risk an injury though. Spend fine with family and friends as you won’t be home for the first 4 - 6 weeks. Enjoy the rest of your time off you have before starting training, don’t worry about it either. You will be nervous but don’t worry about it, after a few days there the nervous would have settled. What are you joining? Regards J

Saturday, March 7, 2020

Newlyn U.

Hi James Thank you for replying so soon. Yes I have received the kit list, I do try to do as much fitness as I can but due to long working hours I find it difficult to fit it in sometimes. Okay thank you for the advice about spending time with friends and family, and yeah I understand that it’s going to be nervous and that it will go hopefully when I arrive. I’m joining as a Guardsman. N

Saturday, March 7, 2020

James A.

Thank you for your response Newlyn. Are you sure your not going to ITC Catterick or AFC Harrogate? Regards J

Saturday, March 7, 2020

Newlyn U.

Hi James, I have to do the assessment at pirbright to see if I get in t Yet

Saturday, March 7, 2020

James A.

Newlyn, Apologies! Shot ahead of the gun Remember you have to travel up the day before, your train tickets will have the date you should h Travel up. You should get collected at brook wood station by a member of the assessment centre team What guards regiment are you joining? Take it as a 2 day interview, perform to your highest standard and enjoy yourself! Regards J

Saturday, March 7, 2020

Newlyn U.

James, Yes I am just waiting on getting the tickets and yes, I’ve been given the time to arrive there. I am interested in joining the grenadier guards but I am open to other options. Thank your for the information about the 2 day interview. Is there any tips you can give to make the process easier/ help the process run smoothly to give me the best chance. N

Saturday, March 7, 2020

James A.

Check your junk email folder as your train ticket reference code can sometimes go in there. If you have t received it yet, call the National recruiting centre on 0345 6008080. Don’t worry about it running smoothly, I’m sure you are good to go as the careers office have allowed you to proceed at AC. Ensure you know your regimental history, the core values and standards ( CDRILS google it if your unsure ) and terms of service etc. The rest at AC is about you as an individual. I’m sure you will pass with no problems and depending on your age and your commitments, you could be in basic training in 4-8 weeks if you wanted. Don’t hesitate in asking any further questions. J

Saturday, March 7, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?