Picture of How to reach the pace for 10:15min 2km run...and not let being female get in the way

How to reach the pace for 10:15min 2km run...and not let being female get in the way

1 response

Additional information

This is my last obstacle besides upper body strength, and I’m looking for the most focussed training programme to improve my running pace before I hit that application button. Please help! There are too many training programmes out there, and I need something specific for the pace needed for the engineering officer role. I already use the BA app, which is helping me a lot with upper body strength so far (I will ask for help when I have exhausted that app and I still can’t get a good number of pull ups!!!!)....is there some trick though that really works on running pace.

Sandy J. asked a question to Reserves

Category: General

Date asked: Saturday, November 21, 2020

Last reviewed: Thursday, December 3, 2020

Daniel E.

Assistant Intelligence Officer

Hello, Sandy. Thank you for your question. Due to COVID-19, the fitness test has changed and the run part in now in the form of a "bleep test". If you check out the link below, it will give you the finer details to how the assessment tests have changed. If you still want to look at improving your running, I can give you some advice that I use. Lamp posts/signs - I use these to improve my heart rate/recovery. I will sprint between two, then jog between the next two and just keep repeating this for 30-40 mins. I run every other day to give my body time to relax and for the new muscle fibres to fix and build and I try to run the same route so I can time myself every time to see if I am getting faster or if I'm slowing down. Try a little bit of weight, not much, just an extra kg on your waist or your back. Your body will produce extra muscle to cope with the extra weight and when you take the weight off, you will be a little faster. I must over emphasis that this is my advice and what I do. I am NOT a physical training instructor and doing what I have said, could cause injury to yourself. So you do this on your own accord. I hope this has helped though and gives you some ideas on how to improve your running. If you have any other questions, please ask. -Danny.

Thursday, December 3, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?