Picture of Transfer to student nurse information

Transfer to student nurse information

Picture of Jen
1 response

Additional information

Good evening, My student nurse transfer paperwork has been sent to APC and I am currently just waiting on the outcome. Assuming the transfer goes to plan, is it possible to get any clarification on the questions below? I understand some (perhaps most) of these will be tricky to answer but any help would be helpful, until I can attend an insight event. 1) Would my pay rate/band change while at university? (Currently around 29k) 2) I am a substantive LCpl; would I need to drop rank while I attend BCU? 3) Is there likely to be surplus SFA available at BCU and where is it located? - I am in an established long-term relationship (ELTR) on JPA with my partner. He wants to submit his notice to terminate and will (hopefully) be employed area while I attend university (he will delay this if surplus SFA is unlikely). Occupying SFA will be temporary as we intent to purchase a property soon after we get settled in the area. 4) Does the army typically use both BCU intakes? - The DMS course schedule (until March 22) only states the 06 Sept 2021 intake with no mention of the Jan 2022 intake (as of the August update). Is this common for the time of year/applications received? I’m really hoping I don’t have to wait until September 2022 to attend BCU. 5) Will I have to stay with my current cap badge, or do I move as soon as the transfer process is complete? - Soldier Terms of Service states that I’d move once the transfer is complete and await further training. However, it has been implied that I would stay with my current cap badge until nearer the enrolment date. 6) How rigid is the transfer/OAVL deadlines? - The deadline for the Jan intake was Jun/Jul according to the OAVL, but the AFB had to be in weeks before this for the transfer process. Is it completely unrealistic to think I may potentially get the Jan intake if it goes ahead? 7) Are transfers typically completed within the 8 weeks stated in the terms of service? - I am currently doing an Open University degree (which I will put on hold), but my next academic year runs October 21 - July 22. This will clearly conflict with the possible Jan intake at BCU. To prevent being charged any tuition fees I must notify the OU before 10th Oct that I wish to cancel. The transfer timeline in the terms of service suggest I will have been notified of the transfer outcome by this date. Thanks in advance for any help you are able to provide.

Anonymous asked a question to Medical

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Monday, August 23, 2021

Last reviewed: Friday, August 27, 2021

Picture of Jen C.

Jen C.

Reservist Brigade SO2 SPS

Hi, I can answer some of your questions but the best people to speak to are the Med Corps. [email protected] - might be able to help as they deal with a lot of these type of questions. 1) Your pay and rank will remain the same. Your pay won't drop. Keep an eye on it initially as sometimes there can be some teething errors but this will be sorted and if you have been paid less you will get it all back. 2) SFA - I don't know. Usually there's a Facebook page in the area and people on there would be able to tell you if there's Surplus SFAs or ask on one of the many Army Quarter Facebook pages or just any of the army network pages you could pose the question. On the rest of your questions i'm afraid i don't know - definitely get in touch with the RAMC or QAs.

Friday, August 27, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?