Picture of How long are the long weekends when I see family and can I go and see them in the evening?

How long are the long weekends when I see family and can I go and see them in the evening?

Picture of Jen
1 response

Jack P. asked a question to Combat

Category: Work Life Balance

Date asked: Thursday, September 9, 2021

Last reviewed: Monday, September 13, 2021

Picture of Jen C.

Jen C.

Reservist Brigade SO2 SPS

Hi, it depends whether you are in training or in unit. During training a long weekend tends to start on a Friday lunchtime and you might have to be back on Sunday evening. You probably wouldn't have much time to meet up with family in the evenings. However, once you are out of training some long weekends start after duty on a Thurs and you're not expected to be back until maybe Mon 10.30am. Many weekends (unless you're on duty or on exercise etc) tend to start after lunch on a Fri and generally a later start on a Monday (10.30am) - this allows people to get home if they have a long way to travel safely. During the evenings when you are in Regt / unit again, unless you are on duty, exercise, ops etc the evenings are you're own. What you choose to do with them, where you choose to go/be/spend your time is up to you. As long as you are back in work the right time for the next day it doesn't matter (exactly the same as any civi job). Hope this helps answer your question.

Monday, September 13, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?