Picture of is it fulfilling as a career despite the challenges?

is it fulfilling as a career despite the challenges?

Picture of Jen
1 response

Angela K. asked a question to Combat

Category: Work Life Balance

Date asked: Saturday, October 2, 2021

Last reviewed: Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Picture of Jen C.

Jen C.

Reservist Brigade SO2 SPS

I think many people have misconceptions about the army and about the challenges a soldier could face. Some soldiers face some horrendous challenges (in war) whereas some might find it a daily challenge to cook for 150 soldiers, or delivering mail in a hostile area or just getting round a loaded march with all the weight on PE. Personally one of my hardest challenges was supporting my soldiers to do their job role (HR) rather than being told to go to the gun sheds weekly to do the role of the Regimental soldiers we were serving with - as well as their own job! I love the army, i love how no job is the same and every day is different. I thoroughly enjoy working as a team, having soldiers who question me and watching them develop and i've developed because of them. I enjoy having the opportunity to change jobs every 2 years, to see new places and introduce my kids to new places, things and people. Challenges can be seen as opportunity and what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger in my view ;)

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?